Of all the songs that will epitomize your wedding, the recessional is one of them. Whatever song you choose will play just seconds after you say those two important words, “I do”. After all the anticipation you are finally pronounced a couple. The crowd will cheer and cry and clap, but what song should you have playing at this most exciting moment?
Here is a list of great recessional songs that range from classics to bubbly styles.
15 Upbeat Recessional Songs
1. Happy Together – The Turtles
2. Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
3. The Best Things in Life are Free – Same Cooke
4. Tenderness – General Public
5. You and I – Ingrid MIchaelson
6. Accidentally in Love – Counting Crows
7. All You Need is Love – The Beatles
8. Home – Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
9. Woulnt It Be Nice – Beach Boys
10. I Do – Colbie Caillat
12. Learn Me Right – Birdy & Mumford & Sons
13. Ho-Hey – The Lumineers
14. Anything Could Happen – Ellie Goulding
15. Mint Car – The Cure
My favorites are #’s …
#2: Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
#7: All You Need is Love – The Beatles
#12: Learn Me Right – Birdy & Mumford & Sons
#14: Anything Could Happen – Ellie Goulding
When I walked down the aisle…
We had an instrumental version of “The Lighthouse Tale” by Nickel Creek play, the song itself has very tragic lyrics but the melody is beautiful and has long been one of my favorites.
What are your favorites and what have/did you pick for your recessional song?
Leave your comments below of your favorite choices from the list or what you actually picked.
Check out this article on Picking Your First Dance Song(Opens in a new browser tab)
–Nikole Higgins, Communication Director, Nikole @ utahlivebands.com