Try A Casino Party
Try a casino party! This time of year corporate planners are looking for something new and fresh for their next party. A great idea throughout the holidays and especially a great New Year’s Eve idea, is to put on a casino event. You can theme it in different ways, such as “Vegas” themed casino night, a “James Bond- Casino Royal” theme or just keep it simple and theme it as “casino night”.
This is a great idea for a party because it allows for guest interaction. Casino parties can be simple or as elaborate as you wish. I have seen the casino events on all slides of the scale and really, they are all out right fun. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you begin planning your casino night:
- Set a budget for your party that includes food, drinks, decor, invites, rentals and any hired help you’d like to have work the event (i.e. card dealers, bartenders, caterers, cocktail servers, musicians, etc.) If your budget allows for it, here’s an excellent link for casino themed party rentals: Utah Casino Events (they will bring the chips, cards, and tables/equipment). Also, can provide bar tend, table servers and professional dealers for your event.
- Send out casino themed invitations that provide the following information: where, when, how guests should dress (Think: James Bond Casino Royale/Black Tie/Vegas attire), and what games will be played, along with any house rules. It is recommended playing with fake money, you can make your own or Utah Casino Events will also provide play money ($100 paper bills).
- How many tables and what type of tables for the event.
- Black Jack (also known as twenty- one) is the most widely played game at casino events. It is a very easy to play game and anyone can catch on quickly. Typically a table will seat one dealer and 6 guest, can accommodate up to 7.
- Roulette is a casino game named after the French word meaning little wheel. Players choose to place bets on either a single number or a range of numbers, the colors red or black, or if the number is odd or even. Another simple casino game to play and quickly catch on to. Roulette table can fit 1-2 dealers and about 6 players.
- Craps is a dice game in which players make wagers on the outcome of the roll, or a series of rolls, of a pair of dice. A little more experienced game and the table will fit space for up to 8 people.
So a recommendation would be per 50 guest (and every one playing), you would want 4-5 Blackjack tables, 1-2 Roulette tables and 1 Craps. Especially if you are doing prizes or a raffle for players, more people will want to play and cash in their luck.
As far as party decorations go, keep it simple! Keep it classy and avoid the cheap decorations. Use lots of great lighting, Red, white and Black are ideal color palates to decorate with. A few nice centerpieces are great with, feathers or hats in a nice display for tables.
This is always a big deal. Some event planners don’t see this as a priority. The music you select or don’t select will set the tone for your event. Match the genre of music to your venue and to your crowd. Play something guest will feel energized and motivated. Try one of our high energy party bands. Also, live entertainment at a casino event is a great option if not all guest want to participate at the tables.
Casino Night is where it’s at! Roll the dice and give it a try…